Email: eiman dot ebrahimi at gmail dot com
I am a senior research scientist and a member of the system architecture research group at NVIDIA Research. My current research is focused on achieving efficient scale-out performance of multi-GPU systems for deep learning. In the past I have worked on high-performance, fair, and energy-efficient solutions to challenges in memory subsystem design of computer systems. I hold a PhD in Computer Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, 2011. I worked on my dissertation in the HPS research group under the supervision of Professor Yale Patt.
You can find my resume here.
- Saptadeep Pal, Eiman Ebrahimi, Arslan Zulfiqar, Yaosheng Fu, Victor Zhang, Szymon Migacz, David Nellans, Puneet Gupta,
and extended arXiv version.
"Optimizing Multi-GPU Parallelization Strategies for Deep Learning Training,"
IEEE Micro Special Edition on Machine Learning for Systems, Sep/Oct 2019.
- Nandita Vijaykumar, Abhilasha Jain, Diptesh Majumdar, Kevin Hsieh, Gennady Pekhimenko, Eiman Ebrahimi, Nastaran Hajinazar, Phillip B. Gibbons, , Onur Mutlu,
"A Case for Richer Cross-layer Abstractions: Bridging the Semantic Gap to Enhance Memory Optimization,"
to appear at the 45th International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), Los Angeles, June 2018.
- Ugljesa Milic, Oreste Villa, Evgeny Bolotin, Akhil Arunkumar, Eiman Ebrahimi, Aamer Jaleel, Alex Ramirez, David Nellans,
"Beyond the Socket: NUMA-Aware GPUs,"
The 50th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO), Boston, October 2017.
- Akhil Arunkumar, Evgeny Bolotin, Benjamin Cho, Ugljesa Milic, Eiman Ebrahimi, Oreste Villa, Aamer Jaleel, Carole-Jean Wu, David Nellans,
"MCM-GPU: Multi-Chip-Module GPUs for Continued Performance,"
The 44th International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), Toronto, June 2017.
- Kevin Hsieh, Eiman Ebrahimi, Gwangsun Kim, Niladrish Chatterjee, Mike O'Conner, Nandita Vijaykumar, Onur Mutlu, and Stephen W. Keckler,
"Transparent Offloading and Mapping (TOM): Enabling Programmer-Transparent Near-Data Processing in GPU Systems,"
The 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), Seoul, June 2016.
- Mark Stephenson, Siva Kumar Sastry Hari, Yunsup Lee, Eiman Ebrahimi, Daniel R. Johnson, David Nellans, Mike O'Connor, and Stephen W. Keckler,
"Flexible Software Profiling of GPU Architectures,"
The 42nd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), Portland, June 2015.
- Marco A. Z. Alves, Khubaib, Eiman Ebrahimi, Veynu T. Narasiman, Carlos Villavieja, Philippe O. A. Navaux, and Yale N. Patt,
"Energy Savings via Dead Sub-Block Prediction,"
The 24th International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD), October 2012.
- Eiman Ebrahimi, Rustam Miftakhutdinov, Chris Fallin, Chang Joo Lee, Jose A. Joao, Onur Mutlu, and Yale N. Patt,
"Parallel Application Memory Scheduling," Slides (pptx)
The 44th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO), Porto Alegre, December 2011.
- Senior Research Scientist, Nvidia, Austin, TX, since September 2014
- Memory System Architect, Nvidia, Austin, TX, April 2012 thru September 2014
- Summer Intern, IBM Austin Research Labs, Austin, TX, 2010
- Summer Intern, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA, 2008
- Summer Intern, PA Semi, Santa Clara, CA, 2007